|Job Code: 12-0053
Title: Integration Engineer (WebSphere), Senior Systems Consultant
State: MAAre you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? TJX operates four major divisions with chains that include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; and T.K. Maxx and HomeSense in Europe. With nearly $22 billion in revenues, seven businesses, more than 2,800 stores, and over 160,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be the key to our growth and success in the future.DescriptionIntegration EngineerPrincipal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Integration Engineer will have in depth experience delivering integration solutions, accessing data and functions from many disparate systems, to create a combined and consistent view of core information for use across the organization. They will be well versed in integration concepts (e.g. ESB, SOA, Design Patterns), be able to define integration standards and best practices across domain groups, and author designs and transformations for complex solutions in a large scale environment. The Integration Engineer will work closely with subject matter experts to identify solutions and evaluate options, and be able to provide accurate estimates. They will ensure development activities are performed in a way that results in high quality, cost effective solutions that meet customer expectations. The Integration Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and approving tech designs, code, and unit test plans from other team members. They will ensure standards are adhered to, both for their own development and that of other team members. The Integration Engineer may also manage day-to-day activities of both on and offshore production support teams.
* Responsible for defining and adhering to best practices and standards and may be required to act as a technical lead on particular projects.
* Authors Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled.
* Develops and unit tests programs or services as specified in Technical Designs and obtains code reviews from other team members, while ensuring that all development standards and policies are adhered to.
* Develops Unit Test Plans to test programs/services and ensures that standards and policies are adhered to.
* Responsible for mentoring junior developers with code reviews, design reviews, and unit test plan reviews.
* Provides production support of integration services in production by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution.
* Builds strong relationships with subject matter experts to understand business challenges and collaborate on possible solutions.
* May mentor one or more junior developers.Required Skills
* 7-10 years overall experience; 5+ yrs of integration experience in a large scale, high volume, and very complex integration environment.
* Highly skilled with the following IBM integration products: WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere File Transfer Edition (FTE), WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR)
* In depth experience with XML, ESQL, MQ, JMS, Web Services, ETL, and Java.
* Highly skilled at designing and building services using a wide range of design patterns (e.g. Publish/Subscribe, Aggregator, Composite, etc.)
* Understands how to define effective performance test strategies, execute performance tests, and conduct performance tuning.
* Understands high availability and disaster recovery with WebSphere Message Broker.
* Well versed in quality of service components (e.g. authentication, authorization, monitoring and reporting, SLA management, etc.)
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional project teams that span multiple time-zones.
* Ability to lead design workshops and to drive out optimal systems solutions that meet customer needs.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Capable of leading, organizing and prioritizing IT initiatives.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must.
* Excellent mentoring and coaching skills required.
* Strong problem-solving and analytic skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment.
* Integration experience with a global retailer is a plus.
* Prior experience working in a controlled/validated environment (Sarbanes Oxley) preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll notonly enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefitsthat go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account,Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.Click Here for a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend