|Position: Controls Software Engineer (Siemens/WonderWare PLC Programming)
Location: Burlingame, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and level of qualifications
Leading, one-of-a-kind producer of High Temperature Superconductor (HTS) products and technologies actively seeks a talented Controls Software Engineer to drive the development of the firmÆs power applications. With locations in America and as far as Germany and Australia, this global manufacturer has been the first to provide energy-efficient superconductor applications for power generation, energy distribution, and energy intensive industrial processes. The firmÆs innovative approach has consistently met the needs of consumers for efficient, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective solutions to their large electricity needs.
As we move forward in the 21st century, superconductors have become the ideal source of electricity whether it be for generation, distribution, or consumption purposes. Superconductors technology has offered the best solution to efficient and clean power generation. The firmÆs ability to capitalize on such technology has made them the first company in the world to provide industrial-scale, commercial superconductor applications and all associated superconductor components.
The firm provides an outstanding compensation and benefits plan that includes:
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
- Two-weeks paid vacation plus major holidays paid. Company shutdown between Christmas and New YearÆs.
- HAS medical insurance, fully paid for employee and immediate family, plus paid HAS deductible
- Fully paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401K plan with matching up to 5% of the employeeÆs salary. 100% Employee match vested immediately
- Flexible work hours and accommodating work environment that includes office lunches, drinks, an snacks provided
- Annual salary and performance review. Stock option awards based on established plan.
The Controls Software Engineer will join the product engineering team, and work under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, to develop high-temperature superconductor (HTS) fault current limiters (FCL).
The primary duties and responsibilities of the position will include:
- Preparing and updating drawings and specifications for control systems, which will include layouts and component selection
- Update or modify a system of drawings and specifications
- Assist in the manufacturing process of control systems hardware
- Perform setup and testing of HTS FCL devices
- Support the development of test plans and procedures as well as the maintenance of quality assurance documentation
- Assist with drafting, illustrating, and maintaining technical manuals, operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and other documents and reports
- Ensure that the quality management system for the design, manufacture, and testing of the control systems for the HTS FCL devices is properly maintained
Qualified candidate for the Controls Software Engineer MUST meet the following minimum skills and experience requirements:
- B.S in Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience working with SCADA systems that are used within the utility industry
- Strong working knowledge of Siemens PLC programming and WonderWare programming
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, 10000, and 14000 series standards. Must have an interest in the application of these standards
- Solid writing and communication skills and the ability to prepare technical manuals and device operational/maintenance guides
Relocation assistance is an option. Will be negotiable for the candidate with experience that fits the requirements of the position.
The Controls Software Engineer is exempt and will require occasional nights/weekends/holiday work as needed based on program objectives and customerÆs requirements. Flexible hours are an option but only with the approval of the immediate supervisor.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please apply directly to this job posting with an updated copy of your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining your background and experience as it relates to the job requirements.