- 5+ to 7 years of experience
- Management Experience Required - No
- Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
- 40+ Hours per Week
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Skills and Certifications Preferred:
- Project Management Certification
- Commercial Projects
- Bachelor's Degree
- Industrial Projects
- HVAC Projects
- Energy Management Systems
Our company has been voted the #1 Work Place in the Pittsburgh area by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Also, we have been named one of the best contractors to work for by Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration News! Founded in 1987, Our company has grown into this premier mechanical contractor in both the Pittsburgh and Tampa Markets. Our philosophies and strategies have led us to consistent double digit growth.
We are looking for a PROJECT MANAGER for the HVAC Design Build Mechanical Contracting Group in our Pittsburgh office. Recent Winner of Contracting Business: Design Build Award for New Construction. This role will report directly to the New Construction and Design Manager and will be accountable for the coordination of resources to ensure that projects meet customer expectations and department goals/metrics.
100% company paid Family Healthcare (Highmark), 401K with company match, Profit Sharing Plan, Christmas Bonus, Performance based Bonus, Car Allowance, iPhone, and among others.
- Review and validate estimates and scope of work. Ensure inclusion of all pertinent information.
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, match project complexity with available technician capabilities, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish planned objectives.
- Obtain appropriate permits for work to be performed.
- Coordinate scheduling with owners.
- Evaluate project technical requirements to assure proper staffing and tools are in place to meet customer expectations and profit projections. Review for requirements that could necessitate specific task training.
- Assure all equipment, materials and subcontracts are ordered and delivered on time.
- Maintain a master schedule showing current status and plan for all assigned projects.
- Provide input and actively participate in regular review meetings on work progress, customer relations and other matters affecting service operations. Report any obstacles affecting efficient and timely completion of projects.
- Motivate and train the staff. Develop and implement programs to improve skills of the staff as individuals and as a group.
- Work with Service Department Management and Sales Representatives to insure customer satisfaction and timely completion of assigned projects.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Obtain acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Ensure compliance with internal service processes.
- Monitor and manage costs while jobs are in progress.
- Understand and apply principles of cost versus benefit to gain maximum utilization of company resources.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and sales and service personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in HVAC project management.
- Industrial and commercial projects experience.
- Knowledgeable of and understand appropriate codes and industry standards.
- Knowledgeable regarding the operation of HVAC and Energy Management Systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Project Management Certification