• Leads the Mechanical Sustaining Engineering Department in providing quick-turn technical and application solutions to support TDW’s world-wide In-Line Inspection needs. This position is also responsible for ensuring and continuously improving the mechanical performance of existing ILI tools based on internal quality standards.
• Manages the sustaining mechanical engineering activities and designs of existing In-Line Inspection tools in a manner that achieves established company objectives and is consistent with customer specifications and applications, standard TDW engineering practices and is in compliance with applicable codes.
• Provides technical support to world-wide In-Line Inspection sales, manufacturing and customer service regarding product and service applications, support and complaint resolution.
• Ensures that the design of all mechanical engineered products adheres to the highest standards of quality and reliability within industry, company and customer guidelines and requirements.
• Improves department processes through on the job application and leverage of best practices from the industry, participation in professional and industry trade organizations, reviewing product development papers/literature and attending appropriate seminars and workshops.
• Maintains schedule of project completion dates and adjusts resources as necessary to ensure projects are completed on or before scheduled completion date. When necessary, reallocates resources to meet scheduled completion dates. Communicates progress and status to management on a periodic basis and when requested.
• Develops technical and leadership expertise within the team to create a center of engineering support excellence.
• Selects, evaluates, develops and leads employees to ensure a qualified work force necessary to meet company objectives while complying with EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines. Conducts performance reviews according to schedule, providing fair and accurate assessment of employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization.
• Actively supports the Corporate HSE initiative by holding HSE meetings in accordance with Corporate HSE Plan. Develops safe work environment and promotes the use of personal protective equipment and safe work habits for employees. Participates in emergency drills, training, inspections, and incident investigations. Reports incidents and initiates corrective action when necessary. Ensures housekeeping standards are adequate to ensure a safe work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Strong organizational leadership skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Minimum of 7 years engineering experience with 3-5 years management experience. Good communication skills both written and verbal; good supervisory skills.
• Familiarity with machining methods and other manufacturing techniques.
• Extensive experience applying mechanical engineering principles, practices and formal review procedures.
• Working knowledge of Solid Works CAD modeling, assembly manipulation, and FEM modeling skills required to design and evaluate tool designs.
• Working knowledge and application of ANSI dimensioning and geometric tolerancing.
• Experience with Bill of Materials and change control, and documenting design iterations, and concepts.
• BS in engineering discipline.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program
T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry’s needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.