System Administrator - IT - Linux, Windows - Engineering - C omputer S cience - Bellevue, WA 98004
Location: Bellevue, WA 98004 - Greater Seattle A rea
Job Segment: IT, Engineering
Full Time Position
For the dedicated System Administrator professional Tectura offers the opportunity to take your career to the next level. As a key member of our Applied Engineering Solutions group you will enjoy working in a collaborative environment surrounded by the some of the best and brightest developers in the field.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues during various stages of project execution beginning with the initiation phase up to final implementation. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Works as a part of a team and is responsible for performing a variety of technical and administrative assignments associated with monitoring and maintaining operational status of a large number of client-server systems.
- Performs daily tasks to ensure viability of system, check and analyze logs for errors and security breaches, analyzes system problems, troubleshoots, and responds to ad-hoc trouble calls from users
- Requires the ability to think independently to resolve and/or improve system issues
- Performs preventive maintenance and system patching
- Responsible for planning and oversight of scheduling maintenance, coordinating outages, and notifying impacted users
- May be required to perform system reconfiguration
- Works with other stakeholders to develop new systems and procedures to further the customer's mission
- Interfaces with the customer and other teammates on a daily basis
- Provide technical guidance to teammates and participate in the training of junior staff
- Assist team with documenting procedures and processes
- Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix/Linux and Microsoft.
- 2 to 8 years system administration experience.
- Other Requirements:
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
- The position deals with a variety of problems and sometime the individual have to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and require determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.