posted on September 09, 2013 |
| 2710 views
Apparently renting software is now big business. On the heels of Siemens' announcement(s) to rent Solid Edge, Autodesk today announced the ability to rent its design, engineering, and entertainment creation tools.
This is different than their monthly cloud subscription offers through Autodesk 360.
Payment options include monthly, quarterly, or annually. Customers who choose to purchase monthly, quarterly or annual rental plans will receive similar benefits to Autodesk Subscription customers including staying current with the latest product updates, access to select Autodesk 360 cloud services and basic support.
The rental option will be available beginning September 16, 2013. New rental plans apply to products including:
- Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite,
- Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite,
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit LT Suite,
- Autodesk Building Design Suite,
- Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite,
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite,
- Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite,
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite,
- Autodesk Product Design Suite,
- Autodesk Maya,
- Autodesk 3ds Max, and
- Autodesk Maya LT.
Availability varies by country. For more information, visit http://www.autodesk.com/pay-as-you-go.