posted on April 02, 2013 |
| 2814 views
PTC recently released their PTC Windchill PDM Essentials package, a PDM solution targeted to companies with less than 500 employees.
A lot of SMB customers try to minimize their spending when it comes to technology. As a result, it’s not uncommon for them to manage files with just an FTP server and email. So it’s not surprising that they feel the pain of looking for files, working on outdated drawings and coordinating all the documents associated with a project.
But full-blown PDM has been an expensive proposition, especially when you include implementation and the time users spend learning and navigating the software.
This new solution from PTC provides the basics at an entry-level price of around $2,000 per floating license. It includes:
- Centralized vault for CAD models including AutoCAD, Inventor and Solidworks as well as PTC applications
- Management of non-CAD files such as MS office files
- Search and scheduling tools
- Simplified installation, intended for companies that may not have a dedicated IT team
- Simplified UI for an easier user experience
This solution is available through PTCs reseller network, including Tristar. Windchill PDM Essentials is expected to compete with Autodesk Vault, Solidworks EPDM, ENOVIA Express from Dassault and Siemens Teamcenter Express.
You can see a video overview of Windchill PDM Essentials below: