Insulating tape with a conductive layer
Last Post 28 Feb 2013 10:58 AM by Niel. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
New Member
New Member

27 Feb 2013 06:24 AM

    I am currently work on a project where I am needing to transfer current from one material to the other. To do this I first need to put and insulator on the bottom material which has a contact at one end, then on top of that I am looking to have a conductive layer which will come into contact with the top material. My question: is there such a thing as a tape that can give me a insulation on the bottom layer and conductive film on the top surface. plus the thickness range is about 80-95µ.

    many thanks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

    28 Feb 2013 10:58 AM

    Have you looked at off-the-shelf metalized tapes or metal tapes. Do not know if they have the overall properties you are looking for, but that would be my starting point.

    These types of types used to seal ducts of HVAC systems.

    Niel Leon